Forbes names Salt Lake City as one of the best job markets in nation | Business
Forbes magazine has named Salt Lake City as one of the best job markets in the nation.
Salt Lake ranked No. 8 on the best job markets list. The list is based on the latest unemployment data from the U.S. bureau of labor statistics. Forbes says Salt Lake has a number of positive factors going for it from a young labor force that is well educated to a growing population.
"It's just another sign that Utah's doing the right thing. It is a partnership from state government to the private sector, to the education system,” said Spencer Eccles, executive director of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development. “People recognize throughout the country and throughout the world that Utah is a great place to do business.”
Forbes listed Washington D.C. as the best job market in the nation. Las Vegas was listed as the worst.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo