Police cautiously optimistic in South Salt Lake murder case | News
South Salt Lake Police detectives say they've received several calls regarding an Armani Exchange belt left near the body of rare book dealer Sherry Black, Nov.
It's been the most significant development in the case since Black was found stabbed to death November 30th in her book store.
There have been few leads and no arrests in the case, but detectives now say several people have called them to say they might recognize the belt and may know it's owner.
Meanwhile, police are also awaiting DNA evidence they submitted to the Utah State Crime Lab. There appears to be plenty of evidence for a quality, genetic profile.
Police hope to release more information about that in the coming days.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hazmat situation resolved, no leak found official says
- New U-Turn in Kearns causes accidents, residents say
- Pursuit after crash nets suspect with more than $250,000 in warrants
- Nine dogs left after owner’s death searching for new homes
- Audit of Utah State Fair indicates low attendance, high subsidy costs