Police cautiously optimistic in South Salt Lake murder case | News
South Salt Lake Police detectives say they've received several calls regarding an Armani Exchange belt left near the body of rare book dealer Sherry Black, Nov.
It's been the most significant development in the case since Black was found stabbed to death November 30th in her book store.
There have been few leads and no arrests in the case, but detectives now say several people have called them to say they might recognize the belt and may know it's owner.
Meanwhile, police are also awaiting DNA evidence they submitted to the Utah State Crime Lab. There appears to be plenty of evidence for a quality, genetic profile.
Police hope to release more information about that in the coming days.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo