Public to vote on Utah winter tourism commercials | News
By BROCK VERGAKIS, Associated Press Writer
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- The Utah Office of Tourism is letting the public decide which commercials will air on national television this winter touting the state's 14 ski resorts.
The office said Wednesday it has developed three new commercials for its winter advertising campaign. Just like the past two years, the commercials are humorous spots featuring people dressed up in giant snowflake costumes.
The public will vote online as to which two of the three new spots will air.
The state is spending $1.1 million to air the new 30-second ads on 13 national cable networks in January.
Ski Utah President Nathan Rafferty said it is unusual to let the public help choose which ads will tout the state, but that it should be a fun way to get local residents involved.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo