Winners of the Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 Utah Region Award announced | Business
SALT LAKE CITY, UT, JUNE 8, 2012 – Ernst & Young LLP is pleased to announce the winners of the Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award in the Utah Region. This group of leading entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders. The winners were revealed at a special gala on June 7, 2012 at The Grand America Hotel.
“Ernst & Young has honored outstanding entrepreneurs like this year’s winners for the past 26 years,” said David Jolley, Ernst & Young LLP Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director for the Utah Region. “These business leaders have accomplished so much and contributed a tremendous amount to the community.”
The winners for the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Utah Region Award are:
• Kyle Bateman, Vice Chairman, Action Target, Inc.
• Addison Sovine, Co-Founder and Executive VP, Action Target, Inc.
• Tim Sullivan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ancestry.com
• Alan Martin, CEO/Founder, Campus Book Rentals, Inc.
• Eric Baughman, CEO, Cytozyme Laboratories, Inc.
• Steve Baughman, President, Cytozyme Laboratories, Inc.
• Bob Wheaton, President, Deer Valley Resort
• Brent Allen, Executive Vice President of Sales, Med One Capital
• Larry Stevens, President & CEO, Med One Capital
• Jeffrey Edison, Principal, Phillips Edison Company
• Kirk McGary, Founder & CEO, Real Property Management
• Brad Caldwell, President/CEO, SecurityMetrics
• Eric Bjorklund, President & CEO, Utah Youth Village
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence at the national level. The US Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award.
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo