Jordan River Commission working to improve river management | Environment
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - The communities along the Jordan River are working to come up with effective strategies to manage the river so everyone benefits.
The river runs through three counties and 15 cities between Utah Lake and the Great Salt Lake. To coordinate policies and practices, the Jordan River Commission held its first workshop on Tuesday.
The hope to develop flexible policies that are consistent to manage and improve the river corridor.
"We'll increase air quality by providing a non-motorized trail system. We'll improve the water quality by working together and managing storm water. It provides a great recreational resource for the community," said Laura Hanson, Jordan River Commission.
The Jordan River Commission was created in 2010 to serve as a technical resource and provide a forum for planning, restoration and development along the river.
For more information on the Jordan River Commission, visit jordanrivercommission.com.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo