Porch Fest features local musicians | Events
SALT LAKE CITY - A Salt Lake City neighborhood near the University of Utah was packed with people on their porces for a music festival.
Nearly twenty bands and musicians performed on porches along 1100 and 1200 East for the first-ever Porch Fest.
The event began as a block party for neighbors and friends in the East-Central community and has now expanded to become a full-fledged music festival.
"We wanted to bring people together the best way we know how. What better way than music," said Gary Felt, co-chair of the East-Central Community Calendar.
The event was organized by the East-Center Community Council. Their hope is to continue the Porch Fest annually.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hazmat situation resolved, no leak found official says
- New U-Turn in Kearns causes accidents, residents say
- Pursuit after crash nets suspect with more than $250,000 in warrants
- Nine dogs left after owner’s death searching for new homes
- Audit of Utah State Fair indicates low attendance, high subsidy costs