Student robot competition at the University of Utah | Events
High school students and their robotic creations have gathered at the University of Utah for a "Logo Motion" competition.
Teams create and control robots that navigate a 27'x54' playing field and hang triangles, circles and squares on a peg to earn points.
"The higher peg you get, the more points you get," said Nolan from team Proto-Type X. "Wwe're also trying to form a logo--the FIRST logo--the triangle-circle-square forms a logo. We do it in order and we double our points."
The three-day competition continues Saturday until 5 p.m. at the University of Utah's Hunstman Center.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hazmat situation resolved, no leak found official says
- New U-Turn in Kearns causes accidents, residents say
- Pursuit after crash nets suspect with more than $250,000 in warrants
- Nine dogs left after owner’s death searching for new homes
- Audit of Utah State Fair indicates low attendance, high subsidy costs