Suspect in automobile homicide turns herself in | News
A woman charged with automobile homicide turned herself in on Monday.
Janeen Lundberg is accused of killing a 6-year-old girl in a crosswalk in March.
According to charging documents, Lundberg didn’t brake when she hit and killed Ambrosia Amalathithaba. The girl was walking with her mother at 1500 South and State Street when they were hit.
Ambrosia died at the hospital.
Police said Lundberg was on medication. She is charged with driving under the influence, failure to yield and making an illegal turn.
She is expected to make an initial appearance in court on Friday. She is being held in the Salt Lake County Jail on $150,000 bail.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo