Pac-12/Big Ten partnership off; BYU-Utah rivalry back on? | News
SALT LAKE CITY – A planned scheduling partnership between the Pac-12 and Big Ten conferences has been called off.
The partnership between the two conferences was set to begin in 2017, but it was canceled because of scheduling issues, including the Pac-12′s 9-game conference schedule.
The cancellation will free up one non-conference game for Utah starting in 2017 and beyond, which could mean the continuation of the famed Utah-BYU rivalry.
Utah recently announced that they won’t be playing BYU in 2014 or 2015 because of a game against Michigan, and that the future of the rivalry was unknown.
Utah is scheduled to play BYU this September, next year and again in 2016.
No BYU-Utah rivalry games in 2014 or 2015
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hazmat situation resolved, no leak found official says
- New U-Turn in Kearns causes accidents, residents say
- Pursuit after crash nets suspect with more than $250,000 in warrants
- Nine dogs left after owner’s death searching for new homes
- Audit of Utah State Fair indicates low attendance, high subsidy costs