Pac-12/Big Ten partnership off; BYU-Utah rivalry back on? | News
SALT LAKE CITY – A planned scheduling partnership between the Pac-12 and Big Ten conferences has been called off.
The partnership between the two conferences was set to begin in 2017, but it was canceled because of scheduling issues, including the Pac-12′s 9-game conference schedule.
The cancellation will free up one non-conference game for Utah starting in 2017 and beyond, which could mean the continuation of the famed Utah-BYU rivalry.
Utah recently announced that they won’t be playing BYU in 2014 or 2015 because of a game against Michigan, and that the future of the rivalry was unknown.
Utah is scheduled to play BYU this September, next year and again in 2016.
No BYU-Utah rivalry games in 2014 or 2015
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sugar House streetcar approaches opening day
- Menorah allegedly vandalized during Hanukkah
- Police identify man killed after vehicle wrecks, catches fire on I-215
- Gift creates scholarships for single mothers, athletes at Westminster
- Electrical issue with bathroom fan cause of apartment fire, officials say