Conservative political group meeting in SLC | News
SALT LAKE CITY — A national debate has moved to Utah for the week.
The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) brings lawmakers from around the country together with corporate sponsors and some conservative interest groups.
Recently, public watchdog groups and the occupy movements have taken aim at ALEC, saying they are a mouthpiece for corporation to drown out the voices of voters.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hazmat situation resolved, no leak found official says
- New U-Turn in Kearns causes accidents, residents say
- Pursuit after crash nets suspect with more than $250,000 in warrants
- Nine dogs left after owner’s death searching for new homes
- Audit of Utah State Fair indicates low attendance, high subsidy costs