Conservative political group meeting in SLC | News
SALT LAKE CITY — A national debate has moved to Utah for the week.
The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) brings lawmakers from around the country together with corporate sponsors and some conservative interest groups.
Recently, public watchdog groups and the occupy movements have taken aim at ALEC, saying they are a mouthpiece for corporation to drown out the voices of voters.
Top Salt Lake City - Downtown Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge orders evaluation for man accused of pulling gun at police headquarters
- Residents temporarily without power after car accident
- SLC police seek suspect after armed bank robbery
- Rotary Club hosts Mother’s Day celebration for mothers in need
- SLC International Airport seeks input on $2 billion redesign