Vet receives eight medals he earned in WWII | News
SALT LAKE CITY – A 92-year-old World War II veteran received his military medals in a ceremony on Thursday.
Lewis Frongner gathered with family and friends to be honored and awarded for his military service.
U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch presented him with eight military medals that he earned but never received during his 20 months of service in the war.
“I’m just about left speechless. I can say I’m proud to be a part of the service and to be able to come in like this and receive my medals,” Frongner said.
One of the eight medals Frongner received was the Bronze Star medal, awarded for acts of heroism or merit in a combat zone.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police arrest man who allegedly stole from several cars
- Salt Lake City airport brings in furry friends to help soothe flying fears
- Shannan Yates leads the top Freeriders in the world this week at Snowbird
- 2 families displaced after 2-alarm fire in Salt Lake City
- Armed man robs Salt Lake City bank, police release suspect’s photo