Vet receives eight medals he earned in WWII | News
SALT LAKE CITY – A 92-year-old World War II veteran received his military medals in a ceremony on Thursday.
Lewis Frongner gathered with family and friends to be honored and awarded for his military service.
U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch presented him with eight military medals that he earned but never received during his 20 months of service in the war.
“I’m just about left speechless. I can say I’m proud to be a part of the service and to be able to come in like this and receive my medals,” Frongner said.
One of the eight medals Frongner received was the Bronze Star medal, awarded for acts of heroism or merit in a combat zone.
Upcoming Events near Salt Lake City - Downtown
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hazmat situation resolved, no leak found official says
- New U-Turn in Kearns causes accidents, residents say
- Pursuit after crash nets suspect with more than $250,000 in warrants
- Nine dogs left after owner’s death searching for new homes
- Audit of Utah State Fair indicates low attendance, high subsidy costs